Contract Role: Entrepreneurial Navigator, Independent Contractor
Administered by: Columbia Economic Team (CET) Executive Director
Contract Range: Based upon qualifications and experience, $4,800 – $5,200 monthly, Grant funded services contract, anticipated 3-year duration based on performance, reviewed for renewal annually
Location: St. Helens, Oregon, hybrid, Columbia Economic Team offices, and client sites
Please see https://growingruraloregon.org/ for information on the philosophy and model.
Greater St. Helens GRO is requesting qualification for a contract Entrepreneur Navigator
Navigator Scope of Work:
Independent work with minimal oversight; reporting as required
Act as a trusted guide for the entrepreneurial and small business community, helping them to navigate local and external small business resources and trainings.
Acting as a strategic listener and networker, the Navigator assists entrepreneurs in finding their own best answers and supporting the local entrepreneurial resource providers to improve the ecosystem of greater St. Helens, Columbia County, and Northwestern Oregon.
The Entrepreneur Navigator will work with the GRO eLeadership team to develop strategies, goals, metrics and workplans to reach out to our area’s entrepreneurial talent, engage them, build credible trusting relationships, listen and learn about their development needs and wants, and network them to relevant resources and assistance. The Navigator also works as an engager of business and other resources that help comprise the greater St. Helens area, to develop the greater St. Helens Entrepreneurial Ecosystem. These may be financial institutions, investors, private or public professional services, organizations, other networks, academic institutions, or any individual or business engaged to support and contribute to the entrepreneurial ecosystem development and sustained function.
- Business ownership experience or appropriate subject matter expertise.
- Demonstrated personal and professional interest in the greater St. Helens, Columbia County and Northwest Region of Oregon.
- Experience with and openness to working as a member of a team within an entrepreneurial resource network.
The following listed attributes are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities desired. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- World-class interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strategic listening and planning skills.
- Dependable, flexible, self-starting, collaborative team-player.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
- Creative, able to conceptualize and articulate concepts to others.
- Strong background and interest in business and business development.
- Strong personal focus on learning and professional development.
- Strong instincts for and ability to create networks both among people and entities and on paper
To apply for this contract, please submit a resume/curriculum vitae and respond to the following questions, maximum 250 words each:
- How does your professional experience directly relate to this role?
- What do you see as the biggest challenges facing small businesses and entrepreneurs today?
- How are you connected to the greater St. Helens community?
First review – Monday, February 6